Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wedding projects

Wedding bells are in the air and quickly approaching. Mike & Nicole are getting married March 25th in South Carolina and then we are doing an Open house in Tacoma the 10th of April. It just wasn't practical to be able to 'share' decorations in both places so I had the challenge to plan stuff long distance. Thanks to some great helping hands (Debbie & friends thank you, thank you, thank-you) we are getting this figured out. I had to come up with table center pieces that were able to travel well, be inexpensive and simple. I was checking out some crafty places here in Billings and walked into a Party store. As Mike, J & I were browsing the store, the friendliest man came up to us who happened to be the owner & gave me a gazillian ideas, but one particular fit my perameters. They have this little contraption that you can use to make these simple center pieces using foil paper, ribbon and sand and whatever else you want to embellish it with. So I came up with a plan...a nice looking fake rose, some cute fake white flowers and a tassel spriggy thingy. With this plan I had Mike go back to the store with me and we set to work making these centerpieces. It took us all of half an hour to make 13 of them and they ended up being less than $3.00 a piece. Taaaaa... Daaaaa. What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. I think they are genius. We have wedding bells at our house, too. Maleena (our adopted daughter) is getting married in May. Thank goodness her new grandma-in-law likes to make centerpieces. I'm not very good at that. Yours are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautimus! Very, very nice and creative and very pretty. I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really good Aunt Kate! Simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete