Monday, June 18, 2012

Finding the "Can Opener"

My work took me to Salt Lake City last week. As is the case when traveling by yourself, the evenings are generally kinda lonely.  But to my delight, Tricia & Kaytie arranged to meet me at my hotel...whoo hoo!!
When I picked up my rental car at the SLC airport, they told me the only thing they had available was this sweet little number and asked if that was okay.  Well I hymmmmmned and hauuuuuud and finally said "you betcha".  But in my heart of hearts I knew this car would pretty much be wasted on me. (I  can picture my sons & husband  thinking.."you got that right, mom." drool, drool.) Where the heck was the 'can opener?" Perfect sunny weather was in forecast for the entire week.
Ahhh....haaa!  A gang of accomplices. Just what I needed. Between two more creative brains...much smarter than mine, we managed to pop the top and were ready to cruise the town.  We first looked in the glove box for the book.  Pulled it out and it hadn't even been unwrapped. We chucked it back in the glove box unwrapped, explored, then we located all the right buttons and presto gesto....the sun was upon us and soon the wind would be blowing through our hair.
Now for that ride! We cruised the down town looking mostly for a parking spot to go eat. Go figure we couldn't find one so we ended up parking back at my hotel and walking five SLC blocks to Olive Garden and enjoying a fun meal together. We walked back to the hotel and spent the rest of the evening chatting and laughing and telling stories.  Thanks Tricia & Kaytie for rescuing me from the evening dull drums and for the help in cracking the car open. Fun times :) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment