Sunday, September 27, 2009

New job

Well last Wednesday I started a new job. I work for a company called Health Port who contracts with St. Vincent hospital and associated clinics to do their release of medical records (ROI). It's suppose to be a part time job but until I get trained I'll be working full. Health Port is a national company which contracts with hospitals and clinics around the USA. So my actual boss is head quartered in Denver but came out to train me. The person I'm replacing had given her 2 week notice, but by the time I came aboard she only had 2 days left to train me. Yikes! I did learn alot in those 2 days and my boss will be here next week also. Basically I process requests to receive medical records and go into the cyber world to 1) retreave them from the hospital system 2) if they haven't been scanned into the computer yet, there are 3 other system to look at depending on the dates & 3) send them off to Health port via cyber world for them to bill & send to the requester. So I'm learning six different systems....boggling my brain. I'm sure I'll get the big picture soon, but until then....pray for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just had an interview with this company, and was wondering how you like it? I am debating leaving my current job for this, but dont know much about the company, how do you like it? I hope you dont mind me asking.

    ReplyDelete