Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hermana Stacey Update

It was great to talk to Stacey on Christmas. She sounds just totally involved with her mission and having a great time. This is a picture of her new companion Hermana Quishpe. She has been out 10 months and comes directly from Ecuador. She is still learning English and Stacey is still learning Spanish, so they are helping each other and loving it.
Stacey is making home made totillas with Yolanda, an investigator.

Time for a much needed hair cut.

Ahhhhh and a new look, but she did find a grey hair in the lot.

"Oh! I have to tell you about the food I've had so far...we are fed every night except for Monday. And I'm sure they would feed us then as well if we let them. Some of the most interesting things I've had are ( I don't know their spanish names) Green Pumkin Soup, which is really good and a warm cinnamon rice milk drink, some put corn in it. The most interesting soup I've had so far I dub it "Chicken Guts Soup". It has EVERY part of the chicken you can think of in it, brains and all. It's a tomato soup which makes it look even worse. And they put corn, lettuce, and chicken in it. I first thought it was tofu because of the texture, but I looked closer and it wasn't tofu. My companion couldn't eat all of it so we brought some home and that's how I got a picture of it."

"Here I am raising a cup of Egg Nog on Nog Night." An Epperson tradition.

Hermana Quishpe and Stacey at Zone Conference. The transfer started with a bang....4 baptisms and have 5 more planned for the beginning of the year. " We are teaching 27 investigators. We are averaging 3 teaching lessons a day. We are so blessed here in Utah. This was the last place I would think to find so much work. It's amazing!"

Stacey and her companion had Christmas dinner with her High Councilman in the Stonewood Stake. She says it was fun to eat with a Utah born and raised family. The mom made American Tostados which were really good, but they were nervous when they saw my companion but they relaxed a little when we told them she was from Ecuador and they don't really eat tortillas there. It's more of a Mexican thing. It was really fun but we couldn't stay long because we went out and taught 3 lessons Christmas night.







No comments:

Post a Comment