Sunday, January 17, 2010

Home under the table

On a recent trip to Washington Max had pulled me under the table to visit his "home". He proceeded to furnish it with some new trucks and cars he received from great grandma Joan and a few books. We played cars by driving them under the tunnel (table stand) and sliding them down the ridges. We read some books and then he decided he needed to invite dad and then grandpa down into his make believe world.
Dad was quite amazed at Max's imagination as Max proceeded to explain his little world.

I love the childhood imagination and am tickled it starts so young. We all have had a touch of it and to a certain extent it remains in our thinking. Sometimes its great to just escape into our own little world to ponder life or relax from worldly stress. I have found it in a good book, pondering when I'm writing, taking a brisk walk outdoors exploring my world and even, when I can, go to the Temple to shut out the world and ponder eternity. It causes me to recover and redirect my life and set goals to help make my life and those around me better.

1 comment: