Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Unwearyingness"


This is my favorite new word. I was reading in Helaman chapter 10 and it talks all about it. It just kind of jumped out at me and I thought, wow, now there's a word you can really contemplate on. Then I thought, I wonder what the word in reformed egyption was and my mind buzzed with thoughts about how one would even translate that word. It made me stop and do a little evaluation and ask myself if I am dedicated enough in my calling and the things the Lord asks of me. I determine I have much to work on. But am so glad for the 'Line Upon Line' concept and baby steps. I am so greatful for the scriptures to help me open my mind and teach me the things of eternity. Our theme for our Ward for 2010 is "Be bold in your commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ." Our sub theme for January is "Be bold in the Study of the Scriptures." Mike gave his 'new to the ward' talk today speaking on that. One thing he reminded us was that the scriptures help us realize who we are and what we can become. I hope I will someday have someone say about me that I have fulfilled my callings with such unwearyingness.

1 comment: